Czytam opinie z wczorajszych pokazów i wychodzi, że ten DC Rocky'ego IV jest równie daremny jak wcześniejsze Dir Cuty Sly'a (Expendables, John Rambo), powycinali sporo fajnych rzeczy (w tym robota i prawie całą rolę Brigitte Nielsen, potknięcie Apolla na początku walki z Drago), a niewiele ciekawego dali w zamian (trwa 94 minuty).
Opinie z Blu-ray.com:
Tak więc w skrócie - fanedit trzeba będzie zrobić, żeby z tego było coś sensownego.
Opinie z Blu-ray.com:
Cytat:I thought the basic removal of 95% of Nielsen's presence in the film was much too drastic (maybe even malicious). No "spinach" line...no reactions from her on Drago's workouts, no pre-fight convo with Apollo's wife, no death threats line...no smiling reaction to Drago KO'ing Creed, etc. Most of her footage during the Apollo vs. Drago fight was replaced with alternate takes/wide shots of the James Brown performance or crowd shots during the fight.
I found it weird how he removed some stuff that (I guess) was too humorous for the feel of the film he wanted, but then added in lines of humor (ear muffs for example).
One of the oddest cuts in the entire film was that when Duke beat the Russian guy in chess and says "Checkmate my friend," Sly cut the shot of the guy knocking down his King. You literally see his hand go to touch it and then it cuts straight to Duke entering Rocky's room to talk. In the theatrical cut, you see and hear him knock down his King and then it goes to the bedroom talk. Just so odd of a cut.
I loved the changes to the Apollo vs. Drago fight (though the removal of him slipping was unnecessary as it showed some nervousness and rust from Apollo). It did allow Apollo to put up more of a showing in the fight.
The pre-fight talk being cut (and only partially reused later) was the wrong call IMO. Paulie, Duke, and Rocky entering the Las Vegas arena was cut (notable for Paulie grabbing the skull stick) and subsequent footage of Rocky seemed to be zoomed in (maybe to hide major BOSS apparel logos?). No Rocky intro during the fight either. Going back to Nielsen being reduced, the Living in America routine was altered to show A LOT more wide shots of Drago and Apollo (where Drago is in the ring looking up at Apollo as he decended with the bull). I mean a ton.
He adjusted some of the footage in the montages which threw off music cues (especially the tree chopping scene in Training Montage #1). Training Montage #2 (set to Hearts on Fire) contains a lot of alternate footage (a lot of jump roping). It also doesn't sound like Rocky yells "Drago!" the 1st time he yells...audio mixing makes it sound like "Dra...!"
The sound effects used for the punches in the montage portion of the final fight were changed...for the worse IMO. The Rocky V/Rocky Balboa usage of inner monologue during the fight was unnecessary. He cut the part of the fight where Drago taunts Rocky to hit him in the abs and let's him hack at them to no effect (discussed in the documentary, but sorely missed). Duke no longer says "Right, hit the one in the middle.". Much like the Apollo changes, Rocky definitely puts up more of a fight in this one. He added/changed some of the dialogue Drago says in the fight (captioned). Reminded me of lines the characters in Mike Tyson's Punch Out would say..."He fights like a beast. How's my eye?". My son and I hated the slowed down shot used for when Drago knocked Rocky's mouth guard out. Way too jarring.
He changed the entire response of the Soviet politicians by having them walk out of the skybox in a hurried manner, defiantly, and not clapping in appreciation to Rocky's speech.
All in all, I liked the additional scenes...hated most of the removals.
Cytat:ROS:
- New scene of Apollo Creed & Rocky Balboa talking outside his mansion and playing football.
- New scene of Rocky & Adrian talking in their kitchen.
- Duke gives a speech at Apollo's funeral. [Had me crying my eyes out again.]
- New scene of Rocky having a meeting with the boxing committee.
- The flashbacks in "No Easy Out" are in black and white.
CONS:
- Changed opening to focus on the Balboa Vs. Lang rematch. Different song is played afterwards. Sounded like Survivor? No exploding gloves either!
- The movie starts with Apollo Creed in his pool so Rocky talking to his son outside, Paulie's birthday, and Rocky & Adrian in their bedroom are deleted.
- All the robot scenes have been deleted.
- Rocky talking to Apollo before the Drago fight has been deleted.
- Ludmilla has less screen time. Sour grapes from Stallone for his ex-wife.
- The timing on Rocky about to throw in the towel before Apollo dies has been changed. There's no pause. Hard to explain.
- After getting knocked down by Drago, Rocky subconsciously tells himself to get back up. Felt out of place.
- New ending. After giving his victory speech, Rocky touches gloves with Drago out of respect. He leaves the ring and walks back down the aisle with Adrian & Duke to "Eye Of The Tiger."
I'm sure there were some other minor changes I didn’t catch.
The new footage in the Director's Cut was cool, but the theatrical version was better. Stallone changed too much for my liking like how George Lucas did with Star Wars.
Cytat:Hoo boy, this edit is going to be controversial…
Clocked it at 94 mins.
The beginning is pretty rough. Probably just my admitted over-familiarity with the film, but I couldn’t shake the feeling I was watching a fanedit. Some of the edits are…just rough. Right in the middle of well-known lines, etc. Anyway…
Don’t be thrown off by the running time not being much different; there’s a TON of footage replaced here.
I have to say, I’m torn. I liked most of the new material, but for every new thing I liked, something was changed or removed that I liked before.
Intro (recap of Rocky III) was needlessly long…Clubber KO’ing Rocky, nearly the entire subsequent convo. between him and Apollo in the gym, then the recap of the final fight. Recap ends with “Sweetest Victory”. Weird TBH.
New title looks…very amateurish TBH.
Scene with Rocky and Adrian in bed (with the cake) is gone.
Scene with Apollo and Rocky right before his fight with Drago is very nearly gone, relegated to a brief flashback as Rocky prays before his own fight at the end.
No kids watching the fight (GREAT change).
Lots more Apollo at the beginning at Rocky’s house…but their subsequent convo. watching their old fight video is pretty badly chopped up in the new cut.
Brigitte is virtually cut out of the film. I don’t think she has a single line after the opening shots of Apollo in the pool watching her on TV (I have to lol).
The continuity error with Apollo’s gloves that Sly said he was fixing in the doc is STILL THERE before his fight with Drago (WTF?!)
Apollo’s funeral has the new eulogy by Rocky, but I do miss the old one. Wish it had just been extended rather than replaced.
“You’re gonna do it!” is still there, but much earlier during the final knockout, so doesn’t punctuate it so cheesily as before.
Most unexpected change? Movie ends with “Eye of the Tiger”. It’s only appearance in this version.
I’d post more, but you’ll all see it in a day or two.
Oh, the new sound mix is FANTASTIC. No complaints there.
12-11-2021, 07:55 (Ten post był ostatnio modyfikowany: 12-11-2021, 14:04 przez Gieferg.)
Spoiler




